Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I hope everyone had a great Earth Day :) What a great day to take time and really think about what we are doing to our planet. I talk to the kids a lot about the environment and how it is our responsibility to take care of what God has given us. Also, having a large family I feel like it is my extra responsibility to do what I can to save the Earth since I have put so many new people on it :) There are lots more things I would love to do (get a hybrid car, grow my own fruit and veggies, make my own bread) but I think we do pretty well! Here is a lost of the things we do to take care of mother earth :

*use cloth diapers and wipes
*use cloth napkins (we don't use paper towels or paper napkins at all)
*use only environmentally friendly cleaners
*try to buy as much local food as we can
*recycle what we can (i'm working on doing more!)
*don't drink bottled water (all 6 of us, except Elliot, have our own reusable aluminum water bottles)
*use reusable shopping bags
*use compact florescent light bulbs
*i breastfeed (no formula cans or bottle liners to throw away)
*i make all my own baby food (again, no trash to throw away)

That's all I can think of right off of the top of my head! The things we do are cheap and easy, anyone could do them! I encourage everyone to take a look at their lives and try to find some way to cut back!

No comments: