Saturday, April 25, 2009

Having a daughter

Having a daughter is the most wonderful feeling in the world. When we had our sonogram and found out we were going to be blessed with a little girl., I was so nervous! I loved my boys, I loved being a mom of all boys, and I really felt like I had this whole boy thing down pat. I was nervous about how a girl would effect our family dynamic. All of that went out the door the moment she was laid on my chest after she was born. I felt such an immediate, strong, deep bond with her. It is different than with my sons. Not better or worse, just different. I had always been kind of jealous of the fact that Jason had this unspoken bond with the boys because they were all guys. No matter how close I am to my sons, I am their mom....I'm not a guy! But now I have this precious, beautiful little daughter, I just want to protect her and tell her everything will be OK and that I'll be there for her through everything because I've done it all before. I am just looking forward to watching her grow up and building on our relationship even more.

No comments: