Thursday, November 6, 2008

It takes a village.

I'm sure you've heard that old saying that it takes a village to raise a child, right? I'm coming to realize more recently that this is true. I have always been the kind of mom who does everything for myself and my kids and I have always felt that I do not need any help and even the idea of asking for help obviously means that I have no clue what I'm doing and cannot handle my family. This is really not true! I am blessed enough to have a wonderful large extended family who is more than willing to help out even when I don't ask them to. I'm to the point now where I don't see this as a weakness, but as a strength. How many people are lucky enough to be surrounded by a huge extended family that loves them and would do anything for them? What a gift I am giving my children by allowing my family to be involved in their lives. This country has really gotten away from the importance of family in my opinion, and to me there is nothing more important. Could I do everything on my own, sure I could and a lot of times I do! But it is also nice to know that I have that amazing support system behind me every step of the way.

No comments: