Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This morning on my way home, it was flurrying (is that even a word?!?) and it really got me in the mood for Christmas! I LOVE this time of year! Not only are we celebrating the biggest event in the history of time but it is a time rich with family traditions that I love. Here are some of my favorite family Chistmas traditions:

*On Christmas Eve you get to open 1 gift and it is your new Christmas jammies to wear that night. My brother and I got to do this growing up and it is something we have done with our kids since Brodie's first Christmas.
*Breakfast on Christmas morning is always cinnamon rolls. Again, this is a tradition from my childhood that we have carried on with our sons.
*In your stocking you always get money and new underwear! Even on Brodie's first Christmas, we got him a little tiny pair of boxers for his stocking. My boys really look forward to this because they LOVE underwear for some weird reason.
*Sometime before Christmas, we go and drive through Krug Park to look at all the pretty lights.
*Anytime if would snow and my mom would see it before my brother and I she would leave a note on the table that said "look outside!" and we knew that meant it was snowing! Even today, she will still call or e-mail us to say "look outside!" when it is snowing.

I think a lot of people get really caught up in the material side of Christmas, they try to get the most gifts they can and spend the most money. We try very hard to NOT make Christmas about that in our home.

No comments: