Friday, January 16, 2009

Deacon and Truman are 4!!!

Well, they will be tomorrow anyway :) This time 4 years ago, we were in the hospital and I was in labor with those sweet boys. The day I found out I was having twins will always stick out in my mind as one of the most memorable days of my life. We went in for our 20 week scan and as soon as she sat that probe on my belly I saw 2 spines and Jason saw 2 heads. Just the nonchalant way the tech said, "Oh, looks like there's 2 in there." makes me laugh to this day. We were on no fertility meds and have no family history of twins so to say we were in shock doesn't even begin to describe it. And then to find out we were having 2 more boys just made my day! the months that followed were filled with extra doctors appointment, sonograms, non-stress tests, bed rest, and those little suckers trying their hardest to come out early!! But we held on and they were born at 37.5 weeks. The fact that I delivered my twins vaginally is one of the proudest things I've done in my life. Deacon Tobias was born first at 6:37am weighing 6 pounds even. Truman Xavier was born 13 minutes later at 6:50am weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces. And what a joy it has been to raise twins. I can't believe I have already made it through them being babies and toddler and have already gone through potty training them!! Honestly not a day goes by that I don't look at them and think "Wow! I have TWINS! There are 2 of them that grew inside me at once! How blessed am I??" This first 4 years has flown by as I'm sure the next 4 and beyond will as well. I just try to enjoy them every day. Happy birthday Deacon and Truman!

No comments: