Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a New Year!

I'm not really much of a person to make New Year's resolutions. I think they can set you up for failure if it is something concrete and you don't achieve it. So, I would rather adopt some changes in my way of thinking for the new year:

1. I want to be a better mom. I feel like I do a fine job, but there is always room for improvement! I just want to fully enjoy and appreciate these precious gifts God has given to me. I want to enjoy each age and stage because I know how quickly they grow and that the little people they are today will soon be a memory.

2. I want to grow in my relationship with God. I know He has a plan for my life and that He is already out there setting it all up for me. I want to learn to lean on Him and trust Him more. By doing this, I will be a better wife and mother.

3. I want to be a better wife. I'm the one person is Jason's life who should always be building him up but a lot of times all I do is tear him down. I want to support him and encourage him and recognize that he is who he is because God made him that way. God made him to be my husband and the father of my children, everything else is just details.

If I can adopt these 3 ways of thinking, I think 2009 will be a great year!

No comments: