Monday, September 29, 2008

Cookies and Prayer

So far so good today! Jason didn't have to go into work until one so that meant that I got to take a nice, morning nap after I got home from taking Brodie to school. It was SO nice! Very much needed and very much appreciated. I thought that when I stopped working as much, I would have so much time to do everything that I need to do. HA! I am so much more busy now that I ever was when I was working, but I do love it. I love that I'm the one who takes the boys to school and picks them up, I'm the one who cooks their meals, and I'm the one who tucks them in at nights. Honestly, I wouldn't trade that for all the naps in the world.

Later, I have to run by Target after I get Brodie from school and amidst all the stares I typically get when I take my children out by myself, I need to get the things to make rice crispy treats. I'm going to make those and also some no-bake cookies. Tomorrow night is Jason and I's night to bring snacks to our small group and since I'm preggo, they all get whatever sounds good to me and I have been cravings those two things badly. I'm sure they won't mind!!!

Church yesterday was AMAZING. It was a totally different service entirely focused on prayer and it's 4 components (adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication) and we were called to try "30 Days of Prayer" and it came with a little book to guide you. I'm definitely going to do it. I some ways, I feel like my spiritual life is the most important things in my life. After all, were it not for God I would not have all of the wonderful blessings in my life: Jason, my boys, our new baby, my amazing extended family, etc. A lot of times thought, I feel like it takes a back seat to all of the things that I have to get done in a day. Instead of making it a top priority, it turns into a thing I do only I have time left and I am really looking to change that. I'm going to do this 30 days of prayer and am going to gradually work back up to the point where I am having a quiet time everyday like I used to.

We've got some busy, busy things coming up soon! From now until Christmas is going to FLY! We are taking the boys to the pumpkin patch on Saturday, October 24-26 we are going and staying in Columbia for MU's homecoming, Halloween night we are having our family costume party, November 7-9 Jason and I are going to a marriage retreat in Tan-Tar-A and then it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas before you know it!! What an exciting time of year!

No comments: