Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The most terrifying morning of my life...

Let me start out by saying that everyone is fine now, but here is what happened to us this morning...Everything started out normal, we took the boy's to their dentist appointment, dropped Brodie off at school, and came home. I was in the kitchen starting some laundry and hanging up the boy's new school paper's on the fridge. Sawyer was int here with me, just hanging out. I noticed that he started making a funny noise and when I looked down he was gagging and choking. His face was turning red, so I grabbed him and ran to the bathroom. He was not making a sound like his airway was blocked by something. I swept his mouth and nothing was there. He gagged a little, but the sound was muffled. So I screamed for Jason and called 911. By this time he was starting to turn purple. Jason was rubbing his back and patting him and he started making more noise but was still coughing. He then started coughing up something mucusy and started breathing much better. By the time the ambulance got there he was breathing just fine and he never did cough anything up. The paramedic checked him over and told us to call our doc so he could check him out and get some x-rays to see if he swallowed anything. So, here we are waiting an hour until our doc appointment. He is doing much better now, but I have never been so scared in my whole life. We have been pretty lucky *knock on wood* and this was the first time anything involving an ambulance has happened to us. Made me realize how fast something can happen even if you are right there....

No comments: