Monday, October 13, 2008

I never thought I would be like this.

As I was sitting her, just cleaning up from lunch and laying Sawyer down for a nap I was thinking about my life and how different it is than I ever imagined it to be. I always knew that I wanted to get married and have my kids young, I knew that I wanted to be a young mom and hopefully a young grandma. I never imagined that I would be married when I was 20 and be expecting our 5th child when I'm 26. It has just been an amazing ride! The thing that is most different from what I imagined was the fact that I love being home with my children. I always thought I would just work full time and then do the mom thing on evenings and weekends and that I would be ok with that. Ha...wrong! As soon as I held Brodie in my arms, I knew that I needed to do whatever I could and make whatever sacrifices I needed to to be home with my babies. It has been a long journey! I thought that working full time in the lab was going to work out well, I went in from 3am-11:30am and was home the rest of the time. After 4 years of that I grew tired and unhappy and knew that it was not enough. I wanted to be there for all of my kids good mornings and good nights. Now, I'm at the point where we took a huge leap of faith and I'm home and I love it. Whatever sacrifices I have to make, I'm willing to do it. God has always taken care of us and I have no reason to doubt that he will continues to do the same. I can honestly never see myself working full time again.

No comments: