Friday, October 17, 2008

To go for 6 or not...

Jason and I have been talking a lot lately. Are we really "done" having kids?!? At the age of 26, am I going to really say, "Yes, I am for sure never going to have another baby." I just can't honestly do that!! Having 6 children has kind of been sticking out in my mind for some time now,and I know Jason is on board for a 6th as well. I know kids cost money, etc but if you don't have a large family or the desire to have one then you really just cannot understand. I LOVE being surrounded by my children and having a busy, happy home for them to grow up in. I think they will be better adults having grown up in a large family. More caring and more thoughtful of others. Some people think that large families are leading to the overpopulation of the world, but I don't really see it that way. I mean, YES, if every single person in the world had 6 children then we would be looking at some big time overpopulation but that is no the case. I feel like I am in a very small minority of people who wants to have a family that large. Think of all the people who choose not to have children or only have one child, etc. I'm just making up where they left off :)

You know, Jason and I never stared out saying, "We are going to have a huge family, let's start popping them out!!" There was actually even a moment, a very brief moment, when we thought about stopping with Brodie! HA!!! Once we had Deke and Tru and went from 1 child to 3 overnight, we saw how amazing it was to be surrounded by our. We knew we were not done and along came Sawyer eventually. Even after Sawyer, I just knew he was not the end of the line for us and here we are expecting our first daughter!!! When I clothes my eyes and imagine my family sitting on a bench, there are still some people missing. I see Jason and I, Brodie, Deacon, Truman, Sawyer, Elliot, but there seems like there is one more spot waiting to be filled....

No comments: